Wednesday, January 5, 2011



LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

For months now, I've noticed a guy staying at an abandoned culvert along Obrero. Sometimes, he leaves his "nest" using his trusty trisikad embellished with international flags (sosyal!) and then comes back with various trash and junk.


One day, he wrote something on the culvert. I didn't mind it thinking that it was just gibberish.

But, last week while I was driving, I took the time to read what he wrote...."Be thankful 2 God. Count your blessings".

I felt a lump in my throat and got teary-eyed. Here was this guy with literally only a roof (not even a decent roof) above his head and yet his heart is full of gratitude and love for God. How inspiring!

Let us learn from "Manong Culvert" and begin 2011 with thankfulness; positive attitude and spirit; and faith in God, come what may! :-)

Wishing you all a blessed New Year!!!

No comments: