Saturday, February 23, 2019

Patty's 18th: A rustic Bohemian vibe


“Patty’s 18th: A rustic Bohemian vibe”
Sun.Star Davao, February 23, 2019
I slightly started panicking, which I think was necessary, because procrastination and cramming are the top words in my dictionary”, laughs the Davao Christian High School Grade 12 student. “So, my mom and I finally got to sit down after New Year’s Day and we thought of how we wanted things to go”, she shares.

Patty, as she is fondly called, relates that she has always been attracted to the aesthetic and vibe of flowers, faded Polaroid pictures, fairy lights, vintage stuff, and pretty much anything that made her feel cozy and comfortable.
“I wanted my special day to reflect the things that I really loved, so I went to the ever-amazing Pinterest to look for inspiration, and soon found that the suitable word to describe the whole aesthetic is “Rustic Bohemian”, says Patty.
“Since I already decided that I wanted my party to be outdoors, this theme was definitely the most appropriate one because not only did it showcase the things that I really loved and adored, but it was also well-matched for outdoor events!”, beams the eldest daughter of Dr. Richard Tesoro Mata and Erika Soriano-Mata.
Starry, starry night
On the day of her outdoor birthday celebration at The White House Fusion Cuisine, the sky was leaden with overcast. “When we arrived at the venue, it started drizzling a bit. We were all very worried, but I kept my faith and trusted the Lord. Thankfully, the rain clouds went away, and the clear night sky showed up with the stars and the moon shining brightly!”, recalls Patty.
This simple but meaningful experience inspired Daddy Richard, to share during his toast that God will allow Patty to see the rain and the clouds for a while, but at the perfect time, He will answer her problems. “It doesn’t mean that if you still see the problem after you’ve prayed, He didn’t hear your prayer. He did, and He will always answer your prayers in His perfect will and timing”, he muses.
And, what a glorious answered prayer it was as Patty’ 18th birthday celebration was everything she imagined it to be and so much more.

Rustic Bohemian feels

The talented Leni Hernandez and her dynamic EJH Events team imaginatively channeled the rustic Bohemian vibe through the backdrop, centerpieces, fairy lights, and wooden tables and chairs. The Matas’ trusted cake maker and family friend Emily Lim-Cimafranca expertly created a beautiful naked cake daintily decorated with daisies and baby’s breath. 


Patty’s flowy blush pink gown by Davao designer Windel Mira tastefully featured peachy floral embellishments and sequins. The debutant’s favorite part about her dreamy attire was that the long skirt was detachable. It made it easier for her to dance to pop music with her nine roses who included her dad, younger brother Richardo Angelo, and DCHS batchmates.
 



Khael Fortalejo was a lively and engaging emcee who kept the flow of events smooth and fun-filled. Veering away from the usual debut traditions, entertaining childhood games were played by the guests.


“I am forever grateful for everyone who made my birthday as splendid as it was, and for everything that God has blessed me with to make the day possible. I’m not really used to people doing stuff for me and see them going out of their way. I felt like I was drowning in love!”, gushes Patty.

Special thanks to Kethley Uy for the debut photos. Subscribe to Patty’s YouTube channel: Patricia Angela.
           
E-mail the author at mom.about.town.dvo@gmail.com. Visit http://momabouttowndavao.blogspot.com/.

No comments: